Spotlight programs are FREE and open to the public. Registration is required.
Starting a Nonprofit: Upsides, Downsides, and Alternatives
Wednesday, March 28, 2018
Doors open at 8:30AM. Program runs 9—11AM.
@ the Miller Center
Thinking about starting a nonprofit? Confused about where to begin?
Representatives from Pro Bono Partnership and the LI Chapter of SCORE will provide information to help attendees decide whether becoming a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization is their best choice.
Speakers will discuss:
• Questions to ask yourself before forming a new nonprofit
• The need for creating a business plan and what should be included in it
• The benefits and responsibilities of nonprofit tax-exempt status
• The process of incorporating and applying for tax exemption under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code (including a brief discussion of the new Form 1023-EZ)
• The legal responsibilities of a nonprofit board
• Alternatives to consider, including fiscal sponsorship
Maurice Segall. Esq., Program Director for NY & Fairfield Cty, CT, Pro Bono Partnership
Melissa B. Greenberger, Esq., Staff Attorney, Pro Bono Partnership
Lenny Buchholz, Chapter Chair, LI Chapter of SCORE
Click here to register.