In turn, the university offers a hands on course to its undergraduate and graduate students called, “The Lean Launch Pad: Turning a great idea into a great company”. The class offers individual students and student teams the opportunity to brainstorm through a business model, talk to customers, competitors, and investors to determine if there is a market for their product. Students will encounter the chaos and uncertainty that goes with building a high tech company.
LaunchPad Long Island also has locations in Mineola, Great Neck, and Huntington. Its core mission is to:
- Rapidly launch ideas & concepts that have low startup costs and minimal barriers to success
- Create an entrepreneurial community that fosters collaboration & innovation
- Mentor entrepreneurs and assist them with taking their idea/business to the next level
- Seed the startup of many, many Long Island companies & accelerate their growth
- Inspire entrepreneurs
- Create jobs on Long Island
In October it hosted a technology job fair in its Huntington location featuring 27 Long Island based technology firms.
For more information on LaunchPad Long Island, visit their site at http://launchpadli.com/