The Miller Business Academy returns on Friday, April 28th with Business Communication for the Busy Professional presented by Colleen McKean of Stony Brook University.
Join us for this one-day session that will help you polish your business communication skills. This hands-on workshop will focus on writing clearly and concisely, presentation skills, and creating a 30-second elevator pitch.
You will leave this course ready to write and speak with confidence.
This course will cover the following topics:
Writing clear and concise:
- Client proposals
- Simple press releases and event listings
Writing for Social Media:
- Marketing messaging – Who is your target audience and how do you want to appeal to them.
- Facebook – Posting, sharing, creating a community
- Promoting ads on Facebook
- LinkedIn – Profiles and Connecting
Business Communication Etiquette:
- Networking skills – How to work a room
- 30 second elevator speech
- Graceful exit
- Connecting others – hosting
- Finding common ground
- Presentation skills training
Courses are $189 each and include all-day training, lunch, refreshments, and time for networking with your fellow attendees.
Colleen McKean teaches business communications, project management, marketing, and human resources for the College of Business at Stony Brook University where she has been since 2009. Prior to that, she worked for USA TODAY from 1991 to 2008 where she served as Regional Marketing Director from 2000 to 2008. She holds a bachelor of arts degree in communications from Molloy College and a master of business administration with a concentration in management from Long Island University at CW Post.
For more information or to register, visit www.millerbusiness.academy today.