All of our workshops are presented by our certified career
counselors and open to MCPL patrons only unless otherwise noted.
Select a program to see a description or register online with your MCPL library card.
All programs held in Centereach
Since 1980, the Library has provided specialized career information services including one-on-one counseling and extensive collections focused
on careers, higher education and training opportunities. Career counselors are on staff to provide personal assistance to unemployed adults
and adults re-entering the job market or retraining for a new career, as well as teens approaching college or entering the workforce.
Services and resources include:
- Individual and confidential appointments with a career counselor for employment, occupational, and college counseling
- Resume preparation
- Administration of Strong Interest Inventory test
- Workshops on interviewing techniques and resume writing
- On-site access to representatives from local colleges
- Civil service test announcements and test preparation books
- Financial aid and scholarship information
- Occupation-oriented newspapers and journals
- Links to job listings and data banks
- College catalogs and video tours
- Extensive collection of print, video, and online resources supporting career exploration and employment
These services are free to MCPL residents; available
to others through special grants and partnerships. To make an appointment, please call 631-585-9393 x 133.
Green Career Program (Department of Labor)
My Future (Department of Defense)
New York Job Source
JobHaven - Brookhaven Town Job Message Board
Long Island Job Search
New York State Career Zone
Suffolk County Civil Service
Suffolk County One-Stop Employment Center
College & Financial Aid Resources
Federal Student Aid
FinAid! by Monster.com